Use of the confocal microscope core facility is by appointment only. Reservations for the microscopes are made through Google Calendar.
- If you are first time user contact core facility to discuss your experiment. Meet with Mister X to discuss your specific project and facility procedures. No one may use any facility equipment until he/she has met with Mister X.
- Design your experiment. Select the appropriate fluorophores for your specific system. Decide on the proper fixation or the necessity for live cell imaging. Prepare samples using an appropriate technique (e.g., mounting media, substrate, coverslips, glass bottom dishes)
- Take a training on the system you are interested to use of. Training occurs during your appointment with your samples.
- Check the facility appointment calendars and book the microscope. Access the Web calendars (link) and check the appointment calendars for available times. Make an appointment to use the facility microscope. If you are more than 30 minutes late during high use periods, your time slot may be assigned to another user.
- Cancellation. It is important to cancel your reservation if you don't need the time, somebody may urgently need the microscope time or might leave the system on for you.
- Data storage. Please don't use the confocal PC or any other microscope computers as storage space for your data. You are responsible for the safe storage and backup of your data. Files may be deleted without warning if space is required. The use of USB hard drives and sticks?