Laboratory of Toxicology
Preclinical efficacy and safety testing of the new investigational drugs
Toxicology group acts as a preclinical contract research organization that provides in vitro and in vivo contract research services, as well as expert consulting services, supporting preclinical drug research and development. We offer a comprehensive package of research services for pharmaceutical industry and biotechnology companies in the preclinical efficacy and safety testing of drug candidates.
- Testing of drug candidate on the variety of mouse/rat validated models of neurodegeneration, inflammation, pain, CNS disorders.
- Human or animal primary neural cultures or cell lines to providing functional analysis of lead compounds in disease-relevant assays.
- Toxicology testing, ranging from simple acute toxicity studies to complex general toxicity and toxicokinetic studies, prenatal development teratology, multi-generation reproduction studies as well as 24-month chronic carcinogenicity studies. Toxicology studies are good laboratory practice (GLP) compliant.
- Highly-educated scientists provide advice for pharmaceutical product developers on the selection of test protocols, design of experiments, selection of appropriate test systems, data collection, statistical analysis and data interpretation.
- Alexander Zharkovsky (Professor)
- Külli Jaako (Associate professor, Senior Research Fellow)
- Monika Jürgenson (Research Fellow)
- Kaili Anier (Research Fellow)